Saturday, September 11, 2010

ENGINE COMPANY 22. LADDER COMPANY 13.


It’s been nine years. It is so incredibly sad and it still hurts. What do I even write today? I feel like I should say all or nothing. So I leave you with a vision that tells more than any words would.

Every district in Manhattan has its own fire department. The closest to where I live is 10th Battalion (Engine 22. Ladder13). I have a special place in my heart for the brave people who work there.

On September 11th of 2001 they lost 9 firemen. They, and those who lost their lives to save others, deserve to be known, appreciated and never forgotten.

There was a time when the world asked ordinary men to do extraordinary things


2 comments:

  1. Impressive !

    How nice to see your return. Taking a look now at the last days. Please have a wonderful new week.

    daily athens

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Robert.
    I so wanted for people to see this post. There are so many layers to what has happened on that day.
    Thank you as well for your kind welcome back. Also loved your Monday post at ATHENS!
    Have a lovely week.

    ReplyDelete